Ir al contenido principal

Lilian Lee Hoffmann, my incredible Zumba Friend from Malaysia!






Lilian Lee Hoffmann


Hello all you Zumba Lovers. I will like to introduce this special friend. Zumba Friend. This is my second interview. I hope you like it. I just can tell you that the Zumba Community is very big and is spread around the world. We all are very different, from nationality, language, etc., but we share the same: the passion for Zumba. Hope you like it. And watch out, maybe you are the next in this blog!!!


I met Lilian Lee Hoffmann at the Scandinavian Zumba Party, in Lyngen, Denmark four years ago. We were waiting for the bus to this city. We were sitting together and then we met another Zumbafriend, Sandra.


We spent the whole day dancing together. Since this day we have stayed in contact through Facebook.

She is Zumba trainer since 6 years. She was born in Malaysia. Now she lives in Germany. She has an intercultural family like myself. I am so happy I met her. This is very special if you like Zumba. We all Zumba lovers from around the world share this passion and also we find what we have in common. This is the reason why I love Zumba Fitness. And I am very grateful to Zumba. You make exercise and at the same time you stay in touch with people from around the world.

But lets
 see why Lilian is my incredible Zumba Friend.

What means Zumba for you Lilian?  Zumba to me is all good-positive-happy energy roll into one. It makes me smile without me being aware of it. I decided to be a Zumba instructor for my 40th birthday, she continued. I thought I would do something completely different from Hotel Management.


What can you tell us about your Zumba Community? 

The ladies that I teach on Monday are mostly women who run very busy home lives (eg. children and career). 
I sometimes have them come in to class looking all tired and unmotivated. After the hour is up, my ladies are really tired but they always leave smiling.



Lilian´s Babys

Lilian has different classes during the week: On Tuesdays, she teaches Zumba at a school, like a school club. - The girls are highly motivated, said my friend and are always sad that class has to end. I´m definitely making sure these young one continue taking Zumba classes even after they graduate from school.

Every Friday she teaches a group of young, energetic university students. - So one and half hour of  Zumba class really gets their blood pumping. Although Latin music
is 70-75% of my playlist, said Lilian. These girls appreciate dancing to the latest hits … which they think is extra cool. She tells me very proudly of her Zumba groups.


What is your best experience as a Zumba instructor? 
For Lilian the best motivation are their ladies.
I love chit-chatting with them and supporting them, not only in their fitness, but also being there as friend. 
There have been tears and hugs … and it almost always turns out well.  

Your favorite rhythm? Favorite song? 
- I can´t say. I love all kinds of rhythm. If I love the song, and I can dance it ... it goes on my favourite list. So my taste changes with what I hear.

I can tell you what I least like, and that is belly dancing and Bhangra. Belly because I can´t seem to pull it off (I know, I got to keep practicing that’s what Loretta Bates always say) and Bhangra because it´s to much impact on the knees. 



Con el Jefe, Beto Pérez



When did you meet Beto and the other Zumba Crew?  

- The first time I met Beto was at the ZIN™ Academy 2014 in Germany, along with Loretta Bates, Ricardo Marmitte, Marcie Benavides, Herman Melo, Lars Wissinks, Jaromirs Cremers and the list goes on. I’ve since met more amazing ZESes like Wally Diaz, Steve Boedt, Ai Li Syarief, Kass Martin, Prince Paltu-Ob and his lovely wife Madelle.


Your favorite Zumba event? Why? 
- Unfortunately, I´ve not been able to attend the yearly Convention or the Cruises. The last huge Zumba Event that I went to was ZIN Academy 2015 in Germany. But she told me that will have to change in the near future.



Lilian with ZES Prince Paltu-Ob



What do you think is special in the Zumba World?  

- To me, Zumba makes the world go round. Dance is joy and Beto, with Zumba, has helped us spread that joy around and I can think of nothing better than
to be able to do that.

We met at the 
Scandinavian Party in 2014


Do you have a special request to the Zumba Home Office? Do you have a special message for the Zumba lovers in the world?

- To be honest, no. I think Home Office is doing a great job. I think it’s fantastic what support we get for our monthly fees. I’d say to the Home Office, a big thank you for working so hard for us Zumba instructors.
- Zumba lovers around the world, spread the love and joy!

For Lilian it is important to teach Zumba according to balancing life with a family. She would say that she will continue doing what she loves for as long as her body will allow her to. 

My dream, is to do it till I reach GOLD. Thank you Lilian. I apreciate your passion in the Zumba World. It was incredible to met you and I know, we will stay always in touch. Or course, we will meet again maybe in an incredible Zumba Event!

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

If you try not to do anything more, and just to sit, then nothing will happen!

30 years ago, Rosemarie Moeschlin, would have never imagined that she is dancing Zumba in the Joggeli Fitness Center twice a week. A wrong move, and she hurt her back (which was already sensible) and had to go to the hospital. The diagnosis was terrible, the doctors recommended a surgery and warned that she might be living in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Rosemarie I have got to know Rosemarie in Basel, Switzerland. We are going together to the Zumba class. I admire her because she is the only retired person in our dance classes. But she is not a usual retired woman. Her body had 3 surgeries already. But that does not prevent her from enjoying the latin dances. „ I could neither get up, nor walk or even go to the bathroom alone“, she remembers the day that left a big mark in her live. But I did not want surgery. I began to look for other options and I found a Therapy centre in Basel, where I started excercises to strengthen my back. I have been 3 weeks i